An update will be applied to this website on Thursday, May 19, from 4:00 am to 8:00 am, ET. You may experience limited availability during this time.
Welcome to the East Baton Rouge Parish Housing Authority Waiting List Application Site.
The Housing Authority only accepts applications during the period a waiting list(s) is open.
How to Apply:
· You must have an email address to complete this Preliminary Application.
· Applications are only accepted online using this system.
· Applications will not be accepted in person, by mail, phone, or fax. Do not call the local Housing Authority to apply!
· Names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, and income information for everyone in the household.
· A full and complete mailing address (including apartment number, city, zip code, etc.)
Wait List Specific Information:
The Housing Authority only accepts applications during the period a waiting list(s) is open. Not all waiting lists are open at the same time.
· City of Plaquemine Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) – Preference is given to head-of-household applicants who reside within the City of Plaquemine, LA.
· Selected preferences will be verified prior to the eligibility interview.
· Final program eligibility will be determined when your application reaches the top of the selected waiting list.
· Given the number of applications received, you may wait several years before you receive an eligibility interview.
If your mailing address changes it is your responsibility to submit your new mailing address in writing within 10 business days. Do not rely on the US Postal Service to forward your mail.
Our housing programs are administered in compliance with agency policy and HUD’s rules and regulations. If due to a disability, you or a family member needs a reasonable accommodation to fully utilize our programs and services, please contact the Director of Affordable Housing or the Director of Housing Choice.