Welcome to the online application for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV, also known as Section 8) waitlist lottery. If you need help with this application, please call us at 206-214-1300.
Many households in King County are in need of affordable housing, and KCHA has a limited number of Housing Choice Vouchers. To be fair to everyone, we use a lottery system to decide which households are put on the waitlist for a voucher. By completing this application, you are entering your household in this lottery.
The lottery closes at 4:00 PM February 25, 2020. After that time, a computer will randomly select 2,500 households to be placed on our HCV waitlist. Each household will be assigned a random number. As vouchers become available, we contact households in the order of their assigned number and in accordance with KCHA's rules.
• This is a free process. KCHA will never ask for money to apply for a voucher.
• This application does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can save your progress and return later to finish; however, applications must be submitted prior to 4:00 PM on February 25, 2020.
• Once your application is submitted, you cannot edit it further.
• Contact KCHA if your contact information changes.
• Only submit one application per household. Duplicate applications will be removed prior to random selection for the waitlist.
Before you begin the application, you should have the following information for each member of your household:
• Date of birth
• Social Security Number or Alien Registration Number
o NOTE: If a household member doesn’t have a Social Security Number or Alien Registration Number, you can still complete your application without providing this information.
• Income information (from all sources, including wages from your job, government assistance, child support, etc.)
o NOTE: You do not have to include any employment income for household members under 21 or live-in aides.
• Mailing address and other contact information
o NOTE: We are using USPS Address validation for better accuracy. If you need to enter a non-traditional address (like an intersection or “N/A”) click “Continue” when the USPS validation says that it can't find a match.
• Contact information for Alternate Contacts
o NOTE: If you would like to list people or organizations outside of your household as alternate contacts, physical address is required.